Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'M TAGGED(WHATEVER THAT MEANS)

it was my birthday on 26th and pj called me in the morning to wish me on my birthday. she also said that i have been tagged in blogger. now, i dont know what that means. i thought it might be some kind of a birthday gift. now i come to realise that when you are tagged, you have to write many thingss, which is exactly what i am trying to do now.

FOUR places i love
well, i will start with this.
1) trivandrum: my favourite because this is where it all started. the butterfly came out of the coccoon; trivandrum is the place where i started learning. many things. my life really began there.
2) palakkad: my hometown; wherever i am, i always want to come back to this place. this is a place which makes sit and analyse my life. when tension or frustration mounts on me, i catch my train to palakkad. gave me my best friends in life. (i shall include you also to the list, PJ coz you belong to this place). peaceful, peaceful and more peaceful.
3)chennai: i have been to all metros (except kolkatta; and i am including banglore also in the list of metros) and chennai is the one i liked. there is something about this place which draws me close to it. the people, places, i think i am one among them. and real film fanatics... they are very sensitive but give their life for people they love.
4) manipal: new to this hill station but i already like this place. my blogs to come will certainly carry more about manipal.

FOUR unforgettable trips:
1) goa trip from college : people who know me know the reason. my family follows my blog, so i am not elaborating.
2) sliptop-valpara trip: i rate this here because this is a trip we went on our own driving all the way without external help. and the place is simply superb to visit in nov-feb. we went in jan.
3) mysore-masanagudi-ooty trip: linu was driving his innova. reni and i were in it. initial plan was to stay at mysore and return next day to calicut, seeing a few places at wayanad. but the plans kept changing and we finally ended up in ooty. it was a wonderful trip.
4) munnar trip: i joined linu, swaroop from ernakulam and we had a 3 night, 2 day stay in munnar; a wonderful hill station in kerala.

FOUR hotels to visit in Trivandrum
1) sharma's dhabha: in aristo junction, sethu annan owns a small dhabha where i used to go very frequently. and his roti with aloo subji or aloo paratta with curd were awesome. and we always finished with a lassi.
2) buhari : near east fort in mannacaud road, this is the place for puttu(steamed rice cake) with mutton curry. i dont know how many times i have been there but given a chance i would go again and just for this one dish.
3) park rajadhani: famous for the buffet, in my 4 years in trivandrum, i have been to park for around 100 times and i love it for what it offers for 150 rupees(i dont know what it costs now, they increase rate every month).
4) zam zam: tandoori roti with tandoori chicken and a special zam-zam exotica icecream to finish the course, they serve you the best food.

to be continued...

2 comments: